The Asian Theater Education Centre is an institution for education and theater studies. Founded on October 19, 2005, it is recognized by the Ministry of Education of China. Among its main objectives are to establish effective global communication among schools and theater organizations in Asia and the Pacific, and to improve theater education exchanges among different countries and regions. Thus, the ATEC promotes the development of theater education, creation and research, providing a communication platform for all teachers, students and researchers dedicated to the study and theatrical practices of the Asian Pacific.
Schools that make up the ATEC are the following:
1. Central Academy of Drama, China
2. Department of Drama College of Art, Nihon University, Japan
3. Dean of College of Art, Chung-ang University, Corea
4. Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts, Singapore
5. National Academy of Chinese Theatre Arts, China
6. Shanghai Theatre Academy, China
7. The Hong Kong Academy for the Performing Arts, China
8. National School of Drama, India
9. National Institute of Dramatic Art, Australia
10. Uzbekistan State Institute of the Arts, Uzbekistan
11. Hanoi Academy of Theatre and Cinema, Vietnam
12. Chungwoon University, Corea
13. Toho Gakuen College of Drama & Music, Japan
14. Seokyeong University College of Arts, Corea
15. Mongolian State University of Arts and Culture, Mongolia
16. Universidad del Valle, Cali, Colombia.
17. College of Fine Arts, University of New Mexico, United States.