The Universidad del Valle
The Universidad del Valle is the leading academic institution in the southwest of Colombia. It is now one of three universities in our country granted High Quality Accreditation in Higher Education, a recognition of excellence conferred for the second time by the MEN (Ministry of Education) for ten years, the maximum time that is given to institutions that reach high standards of world class quality. The university has 30,000 students in seven faculties, two institutes and nine Regional Offices.
The Faculty of Integrated Arts was created in 1995 and joined the Faculty of Architecture and former Departments of Music, Social Communication and Performing Arts, creating the Departments of Design and Visual Arts and Aesthetics, in order to articulate art with science and technology.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Dramatic Art at the University of Valle began operations in 1980, through the efforts of the great Cali playwright, director and teacher Enrique Buenaventura, becoming the first university theater program in Colombia. In its nearly thirty-five years of activity, it has trained countless generations of actors, directors, educators and playwrights.
The organizations involved in this project are the following:
- ATEC Executive Committee, Beijing, China.
– Chancery of Colombia
– Ministry of Culture of Colombia
– Cali City Hall and the Cali Municipal Theater “Enrique Buenaventura”
– Theatre School Network of Colombia
– School of Language Sciences, Universidad del Valle
- Rector of the Universidad del Valle, Iván Calderón Enrique Ramos.
– Vice Chancellor for Research, Ángela María Franco.
– Dean of the Faculty of Integrated Arts, Maritza Lopez de la Roche.
– Chair of the Performing Arts Department. Alejandro González Puche.
- Ma Zhenghong
– Everett Dixon
– Mauricio Domenici
Overall coordination of the project:
Ma Zhenghong and Alejandro González Puche